To provide medical support to the units treating oncology outpatients with chemotherapy, oncology patients attending the unscheduled care unit, oncology inpatient wards, chemotherapy clinics and outpatient clinics.
The post-holder will undertake a range of clinical duties across oncology services, dependent on the needs of the service. There will be opportunities for working alongside Consultant teams in chemotherapy clinics, while ensuring that there is medical support available to provide an assessment and treatment service for patients who become unwell while having SACT, those who experience a reaction to SACT and those who attend for assessment of complications of SACT, having made contact with the 24/7 Chemotherapy Telephone Helpline.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
The post-holder will work under the direction of the Consultants in Oncology.
The post-holder will be required to:
* Work as an active member of the inter-disciplinary team, assessing and developing patient treatment plans and ensuring safe and therapeutic management of patients receiving SACT.
* Look after the routine medical care of patients in the unit including the co-ordination of appropriate investigations for inpatients and liaison with other medical departments as necessary.
* Review chemotherapy patients / those with side effects of SACT
* Prescribe SACT
* Provide medical support to consultant SACT and review clinics
* Participate in ward rounds with the inter-disciplinary team.
* Attend Specialist Clinics under Consultant supervision.
* Liaise where necessary with other agencies providing services for people with cancer, such as community & social services, external stakeholders.
* Be responsible for the proper delegation to and training of staff working under his/her supervision
* To participate actively in the teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students
* To ensure that skills and expertise are maintained that by means of continuing medical education. * The Trust is committed to fully resourcing nationally agreed CME requirements to facilitate this.
* To undertake administrative duties associated with the care of his/her patients and the running of the department in conjunction with colleagues
* Work within the Trust’s framework for Clinical Governance
* Undertake regular appraisal with a named Clinical Supervisor
* Participate in relevant audit programmes.
* Participate in the Revalidation Process
Qualifications & Experience:
Be eligible for Full Registration with the GMC plus Licence to Practise
Shall have completed a minimum of 4 years’ full time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part time or flexible basis) at least 2 of which will be in a Oncology training programme or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Oncology
Eligibility: eligibility to work in the UK as per UK Visa and Immigration Regulations.
Language skills: all applicants to have demonstrable skills in written and spoken English that are adequate to enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues which could be demonstrated by one of the following:
That applicants have undertaken undergraduate medical training in English;
Have the following scores in the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Overall 7.5, Speaking 7, Listening 7, Reading 7, Writing 7.
Health: meets professional health requirements (in line with GMC Standards/Good Medical Practice).
Clinical skills: Appropriate knowledge base and ability to apply sound clinical judgement to problems.
Prosimy zwrócić szczególną uwagę na osoby / firmy, które domagają się jakichkolwiek opłat / zaliczki.
Domaganie się takiej opłaty może świadczyć o próbie oszustwa.
W żadnym wypadku nie powinniśmy wysyłać takich danych, jak nr dowodu osobistego, nr rachunku w banku.
W wypadku otrzymania podejrzanej wiadomości ws oferty pracy,
wyślij do nas wiadomość za pomocą formularza kontaktowego, abyśmy mogli zweryfikować Twoje zgłoszenie.
Jeżeli istnieje taka możliwość prosimy o załączenie: treści otrzymanej wiadomości, oraz linku do ogłoszenia.
Podawane przez Ogłoszeniodawców dane nie są weryfikowane pod względem rzetelności.
Portal ePracaZaGranica.pl nie ponosi odpowiedzialności za treści prezentowanych ofert / ogłoszeń.